EP Design Services LLC (EPDS) is Edgewood’s multi-disciplinary design firm providing architectural and engineering services.
EPDS provides superior design in creating memorable and viable environments.
We're currently seeking a CAD Designer with the listed qualifications.
Candidate will work full-time in our creative office located in South Plainfield, NJ.
• Drafting of the following commercial/residential plans using AutoCAD Civil 3D:
• Land Developments Plans
• Utility Profiles
• Zoning Plans
• Sketch & Concept Plans
• Various Exhibits, etc.
• Work with Project Managers and Project Engineers to understand:
• Scope of work
• Project instructions and responsibilities
• Complete drawing/project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule; review drawings for completeness and accuracy
• Coordinate project requirements with team members and provide assistance when necessary to complete required tasks
• Organize/maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in logical & well structured manner
• Use GIS software to obtain required site images and incorporate into project drawings
• Use 3rd party applications (Auto-TURN, Photoshop, etc.) to generate drawings based on specific project requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or Certificate/Degree or related education in Computer Drafting/Design
• 2-5 years' CAD experience in Civil Engineering production environment or related
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD 2016 or higher
• Good working knowledge within CAD drawings as related to:
• Layer management & usage
• Drawing scales as they relate to text, dimensions, lines, viewports, etc.
• Plotting & plot scales, pen tables, etc.
• ° Cross-Sections
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task with respect to projects, CAD standards, etc. on a daily basis
• Ability to meet job requirements/requests to achieve deadlines and contribute time needed to do such
• Ability to work overtime as needed
• Strong attention to details while maintaining consistent work flow
• Ability to work under minimal supervision & resolve issues independently based on project company standards
• Willingness/ability to expand knowledge of CAD and design abilities through training (in-house & self)
• Willingness/ability to assume increased responsibilities when presented with them
• Ability to work as a team player and interact well with others
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of any the following: Auto-TURN, Sketch-up, Adobe Photoshop, or Agtek
• Grading design capabilities
• Storm-water management design using StormCAD, Hydraflow, and/or SSA a plus
• Experience with the 30 functionality of Civil3D a plus
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancment.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.