Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 3,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking an Event Planner - Wine Store and Bar with at least 1 year industry experience.
Candidate will work full time at the VintEdge Wine and Spirits & VintEdge Wine Bar and Lounge in Somerville, NJ.
* Seek out event opportunities (wine and festivals, food festivals, tasting events, local events, etc.)
* Cultivate new events that are VintEdge organized such as pairing dinners, special release parties, etc.
* Provide superior customer service by establishing a rapport with customers while offering informed sales recommendations.
* Plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of our events on and off property, including personalized tastings, classes, weekly tastings and special events.
* Manage and assist with all event's details such as decor, catering, entertainment, etc.
* Manage the Event Calendar.
* Provide feedback and periodic reports to the General Manager on the status of events.
* Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
* Maintain event supplies, replenishing new items as needed.
* Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality, marketing, promotional material etc.
*Assist with VintEdge operations as follows:
-Maintain store visual presentation according to company merchandising guidelines
-Replenish and maintain inventory, including home spots, end caps, and platforms in preparation for product delivery.
-Perform store opening and closing procedures.
-Assist and/or conduct with complimentary in-store tastings and events.
-Perform cashier functions and adhere to minor policy while completing customer transactions.
-Ownership of store cleanliness and assist in maintaining standards on the sales floor, stock room, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
-Attend staff education sessions and on/offsite events as needed.
Previous experience desired:
-Min 1-3 years in food/beverage/hospitality including events management.
-Demonstrated ability to interact well with customers, and maintain strong customer relations.
-Excellent verbal and written communications skill required
-Prior experience in a team environment requiring professional and effective communication skills (team player)
-Handling multiple projects/tasks at a time and meeting deadlines
-Ability to walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 10-12 hours a day
-Nights and weekends availability required
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The Event Coordinator will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by Event Manager or Regional Event Manager and/or his/her designee
The successful candidate will undergo a background check and drug screen.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.