Position Title: Maintenance Relations Specialist
Summary of Job Description:
Responsible for managing the administrative tasks for a large, complex community or group of communities. Position may support the maintenance or office administrative functions, depending on the needs of the community. Responsibilities include supporting some or all of the following processes: service requests, preventive maintenance, on-site purchasing, move-ins, renewals, move-outs, project management, and general administration.
- Sr. Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Supervisor
- Exempt/Salaried. Compensation includes base salary and eligibility in Property Operations’ on-site incentive program, if any.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assisting the management in building positive relations with residents.
- Support the move-in, move-out and renewal processes. Schedule inspections, move-ins and move-outs. Prepare resident communication packages and lease paperwork. Prepare the final accounting statement and videos/photos for security deposit submittals.
- Manage consistently and professionally all inquiries related to FAS and inspection processes, and achieve favorable customer survey results.
- Address any and all customer service issues, concerns and or complaints related to maintenance issues (Service Requests, Turns, FAS, etc.)
- Coordinate all arrangements for Tenant move in and outs, notifications and acquire proper authorizations and collect certificate of insurance as necessary.
- Maintain records of tenant communications and approved actions.
- Develops material and labor cost estimates for apartment turn over.
- Investigates and responds to customer complaints about employee and/or service quality.
- Update maintenance and environmental documentation such as carpet replacement logs, hot water tank replacement logs, appliance replacement logs, exterminating logs, lead paint notification, asbestos awareness, etc.
- Support the maintenance purchasing processes. Enter orders and invoices; research aged orders and invoices; confirm the receipt of goods and communicate accruals to the Accounting department.
- Provide general administrative support such as report preparation and meeting coordination.
- Monitor and adhere to applicable EP Policies and Procedures and ensure compliance as needed with federal, state and local laws and inspections, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- All other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform job functions of the Maintenance Coordinator position as required.
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required
- Ability to model and demonstrate the behaviors listed on the Maintenance Management Core Competencies.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED), Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 1 - 3 years of multi-family or related property management experience or equivalent experience in retail or hospitality preferred.
- Ability to listen and quickly develop rapport with residents and associates and successfully solve problems.
- Ability to complete repetitive administrative tasks with high attention to detail and limited mistakes.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks and schedules and adhere to and enforce required deadlines.
- Ability to speak, read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written reports and verbal communications.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to perform basic office applications such as word processing, e-mail and spreadsheets.
- Ability to frequently operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances and the mobility and flexibility to store and retrieve packages from shelving.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb (stairs, steps, ladders, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time.