Position Title: Maintenance Project Manager
Summary of Job Description:
Responsible for identifying any and all property deferred maintenance issues, creating detailed scopes of work, bidding out projects based on the scopes of work, creating a bid level sheets to compare all bids and vendor qualifications to determine a vendor selection for the project … works at all properties across the portfolio. Experience in identifying the physical aspects of the building(s), HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities. Ensure efforts meet EP’s operational standards and any applicable laws and regulations.
- VP of Maintenance and Operations / (works with the property Senior / Maintenance Manager)
- Exempt/Salaried. Compensation includes base salary and eligibility in Property Operations’ on-site incentive program, if any.
Essential Job Functions:
- Address the maintenance needs of assigned community(s) to ensure the physical condition of the community and contribute to EP’s annual business goals.
- Assist the property teams in managing all property vendor contracts (costs, scope compliance, etc.) as well as managing any vendors on site day to day.
- Responsible for identifying any and all property deferred maintenance issues, creating detailed scopes of work, bidding out projects based on the scopes of work, creating a bid level sheets to compare all bids and vendor qualifications to determine a vendor selection for the project … works at all properties across the portfolio.
- Assist property teams to inspect grounds, buildings and apartment homes on a regular basis to ensure that all physical aspects of the community are fully functional at all times; perform start up duties including acceptance walks as requested.
- Oversee work of external maintenance vendors and internal maintenance service suppliers as appropriate.
- Implement appropriate procedures to minimize risks to residents and staff including disaster response and safety training; maintain required documentation.
- Implement or direct the implementation of all applicable EP policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- All other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
- Ability to model and demonstrate the behaviors listed on the Maintenance Management Core Competencies.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience: 3 – 5 years of multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing the duties of Maintenance Technician III / 2 years of on-the-job experience in the use of refrigerant recovery or recycling equipment.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications. Demonstrated ability to create and deliver presentations on job related subject matter and to write reports in a clear, concise form.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages.
- Ability to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft Office applications such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sandblasters, and safety equipment.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use required equipment and to access and work in confined spaces or at heights in excess of 8 – 9 feet.
- Ability to frequently operate motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Certification as a Type I and Type II technician from an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved technician certification program (not required)
- Valid Asbestos abatement certification (where applicable)
- Other licenses and certifications as required by Community, state or local jurisdictions.
- Participate in the Emergency On-Call rotation for various properties across the portfolio (as needed)
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time.
- May be asked to perform the work of a Maintenance Technician I / II / III.