Edgewood Properties, a leading New Jersey commercial and residential real estate developer, is currently seeking a Construction Administrative Assistant to work on site at one of our local on-going projects.The Construction Admin acts as a point of contact with the sub-contractors working on our sites.The primary purpose of this position is to support the Project Manager on sitewith the management andadministrative functions of the day-to-day operations.
· Answer all phone calls and emails
· Organize and assist with permit packages
· Order any supplies needed for the office/trailer on site
· Organize various other documents as needed
· Create spreadsheets using excel
· Propose/Initiate new policies or methods to improve current procedures and to save time
· Take meeting minutes or notes
· Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree strongly preferred
· 5+years’ experience working in a construction office or environment
· A working knowledge of permit packages
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Able to read blueprints and construction documents is a huge plus. Not required.
· Prior experience taking daily construction reports.
· Comfortable with travel to and from local job sites.
· Flexible with scheduling
· Must be very experienced with Microsoft Excel
· Organization is a must
· Able to take initiative is also important.